Elementary Components of a Workplace
To compose a rudimentary workstation only a few basic elements are needed:
- workbench (see Figures 1a, 1b, 1c),
- chair (see Figures 2a, 2b),
- possibly a footrest (see Figures 3a, 3b), and
- equipment and assessor examples (see Figure 4).
All components should be adaptable in height to cope with different sizes of users.
Industrial Work Chair
If the working height cannot be completely adjusted and the feet cannot rest completely on the floor; a footrest must be used.
Equipment and Accessories (example)
- ISO 7174-1. Furniture – Chairs - Determination of stability - Part 1: Upright chairs and stools.
- ISO 7174-2. Furniture – Chairs - Determination of stability - Part 2: Chairs with tilting or reclining mechanisms when fully reclined, and rocking chairs.